Thursday, September 22, 2011

Butter London

Every so often Ulta does this "21 Days of Beauty" promotion where each day they offer a great deal on high-end beauty products.  Well, I have been dying to try Butter London nail polish for months, but couldn't (wouldn't) spend $14 on one bottle of nail polish.  But...

Tuesday's deal was buy one get one free!  Well in THAT CASE, bring it on!  So....I'm very excited to give you a glimpse of my new Butter London polishes!

  • (Left) No More Waity, Katie (an homage to the current Dutchess of Cambridge)
  • (Right) Royal Navy







Sparkly purple never hurt anybody!











So Pretty!








Royal Navy
























Anchors Aweigh my boys!












Since I've only had this polish on for a day this isn't a review - just a first look.  What I can tell you is that this polish goes on smooooooth like buttah (sorry couldn't resist).  I always find that when I'm painting my nails if I don't move fast enough, then some polish won't apply smoothly or evenly if I have to take a split second and re-dip (is that a word?) my brush in the bottle.  This polish is so forgiving during the application process.  I can apply slowly and evenly and get NO STREAKS!  This makes me want to buy all my dark polish from Butter.  I can't remark on wear time yet (stay tuned) but if these polishes last at least 4 days without chips like my OPI, then I am SOLD!

On the technical side (except taken from the back of the bottle):
3 Free Nail Lacquer by Butter London.  The high price of beauty?  We don't think so.  Butter London is a 3 free company.  No Formaldehyde.  No Toluene.  No DBP.  Colour, not Carcinogens.

Check out Butter London and tell me what you think!
Melissa

PS- Shout out to my go-to quick dry topcoat Seche Vite.  I can't live without you.  You are my everything and I love you!  Without you, none of this is possible.

PPS- sorry cuticles, I will take care of you this week I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment