Saturday, December 31, 2011

Birchbox - October

October's Birchbox theme was "Prep & Finish."  Since it's almost 2012, I thought perhaps I would "prep & finish" up my missing Birchbox posts for 2011!  Hooray for wanting to complete things!

The Lineup:
Bonus Treat:
The Winner
Without a doubt the Orofluido Beauty Elixir is the only thing really worth talking about from this box.  Here is Birchbox's description:

HOW IT WORKS
This serum relies on a triple-threat of standout oils: argan oil strengthens strands; linseed oil smoothes cuticles to leave hair shiny; and Cyperus oil fortifies and boosts manageability.


HOW TO USE
Quick-absorbing and lightweight, this oil works on damp or dry strands.  Take three to four drops between the palms of your hands and distribute evenly through damp hair.  Style as usual.  You can also work a couple drops through dry ends or use a tiny amount to calm flyaways.


This stuff is incredible.  Makes my hair super soft (but not greasy) and smells amazing (a faint musky vanilla).  I'm never really motivated to put oil in my hair since I have such fine hair and it tends to be oily by the end of the day.  But I thought I would try this on the ends of my hair after a shower and I was really impressed with it.  I went to go buy a full sized bottle of it on BB's website and it was sold out when I looked.  So I guess I'm not the only one impressed.  They have some back in stock now so go pick some up if you want to check it out.

The Runner-up:
Befine Lip Serum.  I seem to be reaching for this quite a bit.  The texture is smooth, silky, and the definition of the serum.  It feels nice, doesn't smell, isn't sticky, and makes my lips feel hydrated and soft.  Plus, any lip conditioner that doesn't have a sunscreen in it is cool with me.

The Rest:
To be fair, I haven't tried the Pangea mask.  But in my defense, I'm overloaded with Pangea products from Birchbox and really have only been impressed with one so far.  Also, I'm pretty loyal to my St. Ives clay mask.  I've used it for years - it works, and I love it.  I will come back and let you all know when I do try it.

The blinc mascara...well let's just say you can buy L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara for less than half the price and works just the same.  Just sayin'.

The Tea Forte mints, are terrible.  Everybody in my family tried them and nobody liked them.  In the trash they went.

I know I was harsh on this box but, you aren't going to always like/love what you try.  These are just my thoughts.

Do any of you subscribe to Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment